Getting into the games industry//Games Art//Games Articles

Friday 16 April 2010

When you’re a girl gamer..

1. Guys expect that you don’t do anything girly. Yes, actually, I:

- Love sex and the city – DO actually wear makeup – Love shopping – Don’t want to necessarily talk about games all the time – No it’s not all I do.

2. You get the brunt force of sexism in modern day society.

- I got told to make a sandwich long before the facebook groups. – Have been verbally abused then hit on by the same person. – No one will accept that you want this to lead onto your career

3. You get strange looks when you go in games shops by yourself.

- No I’m not with a male! Does that surprise you? – Even the women working there look shocked ~.~

4. On the internet, you ARE NOT A WOMAN

- So you sign into steam, go onto TF2 maybe, maybe L4D, and type ‘HELLO’ and it’s you INSTANTLY transform into a male! ‘Lady, uh? I bet your a guy’. *Talks into microphone* THAT’S A 14 YEAR OLD GUY!.

5. You always suspect your mother wants you to be girlier.

-She really probably doesn’t, but I always seen that look of  PFFFFT when you go and play a game

No comments:

Post a Comment