Getting into the games industry//Games Art//Games Articles

Saturday 10 April 2010

GTA. A girl's journey.


GRAND THEFT AUTO! GIRLS! I hear you scream. Yes, I know it brings undiluted images of Free roam Dora the Explorer and cartoon's with huge heads (RAINCHECK, See picture), but it does actually happen!

And yes, ever since those other little boys were playing with their Pokemon, I was being enlightened to the Grand Theft of Automobiles. It really opens your eyes, being 9, and being in full control of baseball bats and prostitutes.

So tonight, my darling boyfriends PS3 broke (Bless him) and I was handed GTA 4 through the window of my Ford Ka on East Herrington estate. Oh the joy.

I stood in front of the screen with it installing, and I honestly felt a little cry escape from me because I know nothing could bring back the memories of Tommy Vercetti and those colourful shades of hooker.

Playing it, I couldn't help but think that the next GTA would benefit from a female protagonist. I don't mean some nancy either. I was thinking more along the lines of...



I doubt that this is actually female, but I would still pay to see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment