Getting into the games industry//Games Art//Games Articles

Sunday 13 June 2010

Twinkling my toes into the waters of the games design city.

So I’m coming to the end of my A levels now, I can officially raised one very angry middle finger to the non-game understanding school St Anthony’s and say HELLLOOO GAMES INDUSTRY.

I joined GAMASUTRA, of course, because that’s what all these manly manly games developers say to do. I had one of my comments featured in an article about women in the games industry (YES, I WAS RANTING OK.)

I downloaded GAME MAKER 8 and shall update you if I get on with anything from that. But don’t expect anything. I’ll mostly just be weeping with rage that I probably won’t be able to do anything.

PHOTOSHOP is coming on well with my new Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet, which I would bum if I had the aparatus. Here’s some of the outcomes.

woman 2horny ladycharacters2To see more go to my lovely DEVIANTART page which I am now addicted to: http://teenagephoenix.deviantart.com/

I’ve realized, as I’m going further into this mostly unknown world, that I’m more inclined to the art side of things. Of course when you become a games designer I guess it’s best to be good at one particular thing cos there’s not many general jobs.

I also want to link you to this blog: http://www.mainlyaboutgames.co.uk/

It is insanely amazing if you’re wanting to get into the games industry. Mostly it just scared me with the interview information but, please, go look :)

No comments:

Post a Comment