Getting into the games industry//Games Art//Games Articles

Sunday 27 June 2010

The realization that their are sexist people out there.

So I decide to buy Prototype, in the dawning that I’m nearly finished infamous, and will maybe get a platinum on it, so I want to buy prototype. I go down with the hubby, wandering into games shops to see where I can get my best deal. Turns out it’s game, so I go over to pay and Liam (Hubby) comes with. So I put it down and then the guy behind the counter gets talking with Liam about games. Obviously, being the intense addict that I am, I go to join in the conversation. BUT NO. NO. EMMA! DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT GIRLS AREN’T ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT GAMES EH?

NAY!

I go on to talk again, and he complete blanks me. I try to make a remark about Microsoft Kinect, and he gives me a look that says “Go back to where you belong, woman folk”. I purchase my game (He probably thinks I’m buying it for someone of the male agenda) and I stomp out. Liam’s oblivious, and it struck me that it is true, men don’t pick up on the way women actually have an interest in games.

It made me scared to be honest. What if it’s like this when I’m trying to find a job in the Games Industry? Will I be presenting my ideas, and the men will stare of blandly into space.

God, I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment